The Computer My iPod info was on has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everything on my iPod I have on C.D.s anyway, so that's not a problem. I just didn't want to have to do weird things to get my music back. If I redo the installation disc part, when I plug in my iPod will it erase everything on there?

Also, if I just download the most recent iTunes from Apples website, will I have to use the installation disc again?

No, the installation disc that comes with the iPod is just a customary thing for people with dialup connections that don't feel like waiting. Just download iTunes from Apple.com

If you sync a full iPod with an empty iTunes, the iPods contents will be erased. Syncing is one-directional for iTunes, unfortunately.

Anyway, forget the CD. Just download and install iTunes but DON'T sync the iPod, follow this guide, open iTunes, add the folder it creates to your iTunes library.

I believe the reason iTunes won't download music off the iPod itself is because Apple doesn't want to get involved in a mess with the recording industry and the piracy scenario of people copying music off of friends' iPods such a feature could allow. It's a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom