The Computer My iPod info was on has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicarius

Baseband Member
Note: I wasn't sure where to put this, as it deals with both hardware/software and Apple/Windows stuff.

I'm taking the computer in tomorrow to get a memory wipe, (Badass virus.) and it's the computer I use my iPod with, so my question is: Can I assign my iPod to it again once it's wiped?

Do you have a Mac? If so, google "senuti." It's an iTunes type program that lets you get stuff from your iPod. (It's iTunes spelled backwards :p)

Im guessing its a mac buuutt if it isnt, download idump and transfer the songs that way. Works great for me.

Assign? The ipod will work with any computer. You might have to change the preferences before you hook it up before so that it doesnt automatically update your ipod the zero songs in your itunes library (that is if you havent already uploaded your songs).

Ok, I have a Windows-based laptop, and an iPod Nano. The laptop is currently at the computer shop, being restored and having a clean installation of X.P. put on it. My question is, can I just reinsert the Installation disc that came with the iPod, and have the iPod work on the laptop again?

Yes.

Is any of the music on there purchased from iTunes?

Regardless, if the music you have is ONLY on the iPod right now, you're going to have to use some third party software to get the music and playlists off of it. (You can do this manually, but I'm assuming since you're asking in the first place it's better to download a tool for the job). Then you import those files into the iTunes library on the new installation, and sync your iPod as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom