Cleaning iBook keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
The other night I fell asleep with my iBook open and evidently, my cat came and slept on it because it was warm. Now there is like, a bushel of cat hair all intertwined beneath the keys on the keyboard... I've managed to get a few of them out, but theres so many and I'm not sure how to go about cleaning underneath the keys on the keyboard. If anyone knows an easy way to clean under them I would appreciate it if you could tell me :)

I'm not sure if it does on all iBooks, but a buddy of mine discovered that you can actually pull up the entire keyboard to get to the HD and the wireless card located underneath.

It should hinge at the part of the keyboard closees to you.

5$ can of compressed air, just dont tip it upside down or shake it up and down or MOISTURE WILL COME OUT, EVEN THO IT SAYS MOISTURE FREE.

yea i had the same problem with this ibook i have right know i my dogs slept on it and hair. Canned air works great.

Okay... I'll see if I can find me some canned air... :)

BTW: I noticed today, by accident, the the keys on the keyboard snap off and snap on. I'm not sure if its very safe, but maybe I'll try doing that if nothing else works. Thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom