Can I have 2 os running on 1 PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernade10

Baseband Member
Ok guys. Ive recently switched from a PC to a Mac. I really really really love Mac OS X Snow Leopard. But my brother also uses this computer.....and he hates the Mac OS. He is saving up for a laptop, but until then he`ll be using my computer. He has a Windows 7 Professional installation disk. When he buys his laptop, I will delete Windows 7 (because he obviously wont be using my computer when he buys his laptop).

So here's my questions ...

1. Can I install a second OS or not ?
2. If I cannot install it, why ?
3. What is the worst thing that can happen using 2 operating systems in 1 computer ?
4. Will my computer become slow or faster if I use 2 Operating systems ?
5. Can I remove 1 of those 2 operating systems?
6. How can I remove 1 of those?

I know these are really stupid questions but I wanna be 100% sure that I know what will happen and what I know what Im gonna be doing.

Thanks forum

Yes you can install 2 OS's and dual boot. But being a Mac person you should know that OS X is not made to be installed on a PC and it is technically against Apple's own TOS to do as such.

Yes you can install 2 OS's and dual boot. But being a Mac person you should know that OS X is not made to be installed on a PC and it is technically against Apple's own TOS to do as such.

No, im not getting OS X to a PC. Im trying to install Windows 7 on A MAC.

Moved this to the Mac Forum. As Macs dont operate the same ways as PC's do when it comes to the boot process and the removal of OS's from the machine. So the answers provided are based on operation on a PC not from operation from a Mac standpoint. Asking in a windows based forum for support on a Mac will net you nothing but wrong answers.

Moved this to the Mac Forum. As Macs dont operate the same ways as PC's do when it comes to the boot process and the removal of OS's from the machine. So the answers provided are based on operation on a PC not from operation from a Mac standpoint. Asking in a windows based forum for support on a Mac will net you nothing but wrong answers.

Well sorry for the confusion. I consider Windows and Mac a PC (because their Personal Computers aka PC) while others dont. I would understand why you were confused wth my first post in this thread

Considering how Apple markets a lot of their ads as 'Mac vs. PC', it would appear even they distinguish themselves from the label of 'PC'. And I wouldn't call it a PC either, it's not personal if you can't change the parts. You're stuck with what they choose, so it's not your personal computer; it's theirs. But yeah, it's view that varies between people.

Oh, good point
Thanks for your first post in the thread. I now have Windows on my iMac, and my brother finally stopped *****ing about it! :D
Its safe to consider this thread, closed..
062_sotr_closed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom