Business Software Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplettomy

In Runtime
Hi

I am looking for software that I can view people's computer screen (PC or MAC). I have my own computer business and it would be nice if I could view there screen when I am talking to them or just control it. Preferably free but I don't mind paying.

I was thinking TeamViewer but how do I enable it so that others can't connect to each other.... For instance Bob can't connect to Suzzy's computer. Only I would be able to connect. Also would I be able to control the screen?

QUOTE=carnageX;2188885]Off the top of my head:
TeamViewer
Join.Me
UltraVNC
RealVNC
Bomgar[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yes, you can control it - that's TeamViewer's main purpose - remote desktop control.

Not sure what you mean by "how do i enable it so other's can't connect to each other." There's only 2 people involved - you and the remote system. You would have the remote system download either the full TeamViewer installer or have them use the "Quick Connect" that generates a one-time code for you to connect with from the full app on your end.

Oh, and there's also Skype as an option.

Ok! Ill try that !

Yes, you can control it - that's TeamViewer's main purpose - remote desktop control.

Not sure what you mean by "how do i enable it so other's can't connect to each other." There's only 2 people involved - you and the remote system. You would have the remote system download either the full TeamViewer installer or have them use the "Quick Connect" that generates a one-time code for you to connect with from the full app on your end.

Oh, and there's also Skype as an option.

LogMeIn is available as well, if you don't mind paying. They have a really long standing reputation for remote control software. That said, as Carnage has already mentioned, those others will probably do the same thing. It depends to what level you're trying to do remote stuff. If you need to create sessions on the fly with new and different people, a paid version may be best.

I also have been working with RealVNC, but TeamViewer for me is the best one, although it doesn't have IP blocking, the security features are impressive and the desktop connection is really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom