To build a Mac!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone

Ive buid about 3 computer now ( none stright from scratch but im going to in like 3 days when i get home, that will be my 4th)

all of them have been windows so fare, but i want to Build a Mac system ive heard and read stuff about it but nothing concreat on how, or even if i could legally

could i dot this? if so how, and would it be hard?

EDIT: also i googled but none of it was easy to figure out or gave too much info

Why you'd want to do this is beyond me. Parts are expensive, it's not worth the work of having to fix all of these off the shelf parts to work with the Mac parts, and it just isn't worth it in the end.

If you want a Mac, your best bet is to buy one.

well i like the O.P. system and how it runs and such. also i have bought one
mac G5 2.5ghz
4gigs of RAM
7800gt 256MB RAM
160HD
250HD
GREAT FILM EDITING SYSTEM

i want to because i like to make computers with side windows and lights and all that cool stuff

cant i just make a regulare system formate a HD with OSX? (i know you cant but is the a "special" way to get around that?

or should i not ask that?

ok well real quick

i would jsut make a system and "use" that "specal thing" right?

WOW now that ive started reading the stuff that i googled i think its a little over my head

ill start up on my reading and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN!!!!!

ill get back later if im going to give it a try

Michael, calm down on the double posting and such.

The edit button is your best friend.

This topic has 6 replies, 4 of which are yours.

the general said:
i dont think your ricer computers will be able to run mac os ... just buy a mac mini.

im not quite shore what your saying, as "ricer"

but i would rather make my own, i take much pride in makeing my own computdrs (even if here carp witch they have been till the one im making in like 2 days)

but i think im going to kill this project any way, not really worth it, i could just buy a G4 from ebay and stick all he parts in a GIANT case and put in Cool lights etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom