A bit upset with MBP's casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroinfinity2

Baseband Member
I'm on my second MBP, and I just have to complain about the aluminum casing and the plastic trim. It seems on both MBP's, the casing is always bent near the screen, and it never sits flush with the bottom when closed. Also, it dents so easily!

Does anyone have a problem with the corners, closest to you? It seems like my aluminum is "growing" and pushing the corners out.. I'll take a pic later on, but this is so annoying to me.

Just had to vent.;)

I would like to see a pic of this before I comment directly on the subject as i can't reealy understand what you are talking about.

DSC_0449.jpg

This is my "growing" problem.

DSC_0451.jpg

This one is the MBP not closing right.

DSC_0450.jpg

This one is new. The screw is somehow coming out, and it's eating my trim.

Have you given it any kind of abuse? seriously it looks like you have been slamming the screen down giving it a bend and not allowing it to close right. This could have also made the screw come loose - but as a side note did you go to a apple shop and ask them to take a look at it.

Yeah unless you've been killing it that needs to go back. The screw just shoudn't come out like that :eek:

Cheers,

~ Tkey

No abuse at all. I've had laptops before, and this is the first time this has ever happened to me (when I got my first MBP).

The screen not closing right seems to be a big issue -- and I've seen videos about how an apple "genious" said that it's a design mechanism.

I'm not buying it.

If you have a apple store anywhere near you, I would bring it in and I am sure that they would at least fix the loose screw. Seems crazy that that would happen with normal use. I closed the cover on my MBA on top of a pen and then it would not close properly. I Carefully bent it back, and now all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom