best way to transfer files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonzNumber1

Baseband Member
is there a program that would allow me to transfer all the files from the HDD on a dead macbook to a bran new MBP... the place i work at is looking to set up a file transfer service when you buy a new macbook pro but we don't have any tools to make our life easier. Is there such a program that will go in and copy all the Itunes, iphoto, imovie and personal settings and documents over to the new one or are we gonna have to do it manually

so your saying NO there is no software that will pull all the info off the drive and on to the new mac. you told me to do everything that we already know but we want to do our best to make the new mac like the old one. meaning all the files and folders are in the same place. so do we just have to do it manually or is there an easier way

ok let me explain this another way we have a macbook with 10.6 on it but the logic board is dead... we have pulled the drive and placed it in our external encloser

we have a Macbook pro that they have bought...

what we want is a piece of software to put onto the MBP that will look at the external and pull all user data and place it on the MBP in the correct folders

Easier way, switch the hdd from the broken MB into the new MBP, then insert the Snow Leopard install disc and install onto the hdd without changing anything. It'll update/change the system files but wont touch your applications/userdata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom