Apple tells Mac users: Get anti-virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quality not quantity that matters zed. Just because the virus definitions update twice a day doesn't mean it's a good AV. It is a pretty good AV I'm not arguing there but AVG covers spyware and adware and unlike most others it does it well. Most AV focus mostly on viruses and just sort of tack on the other features to make it look nice.

It's quality not quantity that matters zed. Just because the virus definitions update twice a day doesn't mean it's a good AV. It is a pretty good AV I'm not arguing there but AVG covers spyware and adware and unlike most others it does it well. Most AV focus mostly on viruses and just sort of tack on the other features to make it look nice.

Well okay i see, but i would argue that Avast is better than AVG at being an Anti-Virus and grabbing yourself a copy of Spyware Doctor then defeats the purpose of having AVG.

Both are good AV's I'm not arguing there. I don't think one or the other is better to tell you the truth. They both do their job and that's exactly what they should do.

Both are good AV's I'm not arguing there. I don't think one or the other is better to tell you the truth. They both do their job and that's exactly what they should do.

Hopefully, despite the fact that you all use Macs you will have the proper knowledge and competency to understand the difference between a program or URL that will destroy your computer and those who wont.
One anti virus is all that is necessary, just keep it updated and be aware of what you are clicking and downloading, emails included, no that fancy new Mail in Leopard won't protect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom