Apple Store Bans Facebook For Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Store Bans Facebook For Life

Oh no! Apple has banned using Facebook in its stores! What is a freeloading Apple guy going to do if he can't update his Facebook status at the store?

One of the genius' said “Apple Stores have become a regular Internet Cafe, so placing the most popular time-killer [Facebook] of them all on the banned-list will certainly help everyone get a chance to test out the computers”.

We did that in circuit city. We blocked myspace/facebook and the like because people were coming in and taking up the computers to check their facebook and stuff and we would have to ask people to stop because someone else had a genuine interest in looking at that computer..

Apple would do this!
I think that it has good reasoning, I remember going to a store once and having to wait for some goth kid to update his Facebook (he was using the 24inch iMac and I wanted to try it out :). So it is about time they did something about it, the real technology people know better, you come in, try out the basics quickly and don't waste anyone elses time (unless they are being ridiculous:p)

Apple Denies Facebook Blocking

What are the most pressing matters in the world today? War? Famine? The economy? Apple stores blocking Facebook? Apple denies these allegations and says the company will establish a foundation dedicated to the study and understanding of social networks unjustly blocked by retail outlets around the world. If you have been disenfranchised by immoral social network blocking at an Apple store you are encouraged to call customer support from your iPhone and report it.

“Apple does not block Facebook,” an Apple spokesman said. Facebook is integrated into the company's iLife suite, which Apple Store workers regularly demo at the retail locations.

In other news...
People waste time in Apple stores?

Ha? I'm confused over that as well.

The most time I ever spent in an Apple store was around 5 minutes... which was only to reset all Apple's home pages to Ubuntu.com after the narrow minded Apple employee told me (after I stepped 2 feet in the door and was asked a few questions) that no other OS compares to anything an Apple OS can do. L-O-to the MF'in-L.

We did that in circuit city. We blocked myspace/facebook and the like because people were coming in and taking up the computers to check their facebook and stuff and we would have to ask people to stop because someone else had a genuine interest in looking at that computer..

I noticed Circuit City (back in the day at least) took internet access away from their demo computers. More than once I'd surf their demo computers when they still had internet access on the CC web site to find the item I wanted considerably cheaper online than in the store. I'd whip out the card, pay for it online, putz around for 24 minutes or whatever their deal was, and walk out with what I wanted at a much cheaper price. Muaha.

I've compared Newegg prices on BestBuy computers before, and left the pages up lol.

And LMAO Jayce, to setting the homepages to Ubuntu xD.

That's okay. As long as Apple does not ban tech-forums and 4chan, there is nothing to worry about.

you guys should see my local apple store in liverpool, its constantly full of 16 year old kids updating their facebook ha.

Also on the subject does anyone else's HMV have an apple section with free internet access for facebook et al?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom