Apple Rolls Out Safari 3.1 Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple has announced Safari version 3.1 is now available for both Mac and Windows users. I know most of you Mac owners use Safari but does anyone else (Windows users) actually use Safari?

The Web browser now supports a number of new Web standards: HTML 5's latest audio and video tags, as well as CSS Animations. Apple claims that page load times in Safari 3.1 are 1.9 times faster than Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 and 1.7 times faster than Mozilla's Firefox 2, and that JavaScript runs as much as six times faster in the new Safari than in other browsers.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

I'd like to try it out just as an alternative to Mozilla since I've been using firefox forever now. How good is the virus protection supposed to be on this?

I have Safari Installed. But mostly for testing purposes when testing out some stuff in different browsers. I never actually use it.

I am using safari right now, it seems like Mozilla is too sluggish to use on a mac, not a fan of Mozilla on Mac. PC is another story all together.

Well this browser is decent. They are right it is fast. But the major issue is the way Safari renders fonts on a PC. They just have not got that right yet. Many users will be put off by the incorrect font rendering.

M733mhz check out the topic i made about the available browsers for a PC:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/web-browsers-list-168148/

That will tell you just about all the browsers available for a PC. All alternatives to IE and Firefox.

I like it, I'm using it right now... its really good for watching videos with. But when it try to read text on forums, including this one, the text comes up as bold.

I'll use FF and safari for a while just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom