Apple Removes $1,000 Featureless iPhone Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Removes $1,000 Featureless iPhone Application

Apple has finally pulled that “I Am Rich” app from its store but not before 8 people dropped a grand on the useless application.

I Am Rich was available for purchase from the phone's App Store for, get this, $999.99. Once downloaded, it doesn't do much -- a red icon sits on the iPhone home screen like any other application, with the subtext "I Am Rich." Once activated, it treats the user to a large, glowing gem (pictured above). That's about it. For a thousand dollars.

When I saw that app I looked at it an said WTF? I am glad it's been pulled finally from the app store - the guy who made it named it will though I wonder how many people who paid for it then realised there not the rich one it was the guy who made it was alughing all the way to the bank, with a very fat wallet.

People are idiots for purchasing that app. Unless the developer purposefully missled the purchasers with saying the application had some functionality in the description (which you should read prior to purchase), then I don't think those people should be paid back. If he did however say that the app did something and it didn't, i think he should be sued. Either way Apple needs to do a better job of filtering applications IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom