Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
MobileMe syncing improvements and security fixes headline the list of changes unveiled with the release of Apple's Mac OS X 10.5.6 update Monday.

The file should be appearing in the Software Update window at any moment now, depending on how often you've set Software Update to check for new software. The sixth update to Leopard, originally released in October 2007, comes with the usual range of tweaks, bug fixes, and security improvements.

One update of note concerns MobileMe, which is now capable of pushing updates made to calendars or contact information from the Web or an iPhone to the primary Mac within a minute. Apple had numerous problems with the launch of the MobileMe service earlier this year, and the latest update should help fix one of the more pressing issues still outstanding with the $99-a-year service.

A full list of the issues addressed with 10.5.6 can be found here, while a list of the security improvements should appear here relatively soon. If you want to download the update from Apple's Web site, go here, but the Software Update function is the easiest way to get updated.

Source

Yes what is a Microsoft Robot doing pretending as a Mac Robot? So silly

:laughing:

Sorry but i am not all about just Windows. I do use Linux as well. I have a multi boot setup. While i have not used OS X i found this news and felt it interesting enough to post it.

:laughing:

Sorry but i am not all about just Windows. I do use Linux as well. I have a multi boot setup. While i have not used OS X i found this news and felt it interesting enough to post it.

Haha, well good for you, in my personal opinion multi-boot annoys me, I don't like that whole waiting process :).

So tell me what distro do you use? (I know it's off topic, sorry, indulge me)

I tend to just have a row of multiple machines lined up with a KVM, makes things so much easier, now all i need are multiple monitors and it will be smooth sailing.

And FYI I did quit my day job, I left a great position with great pay to go to college, silly mistake I know :p, ah well this program is supposed to be the best, who knows, haha.

Sorry about my previous post. Was made with a bit more emotions than was needed. For that i apologize.

I use various distros. I currently have Ubuntu installed. While i have used distros from PCLinuxOS, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, Kubuntu, DSL, Puppy Linux and a couple of others. I have varied my distros to try and get a better knowledge of Linux and what it has to offer as a open source OS compared to Windows.

Sadly i dont have the funds to use multiple machines. I have a family and that now so they come first over my PC. My setup is only a lowly Dimension 8400 with upgrades. So a multi boot setup is my main route as even a Virtual Machine setup hampers me greatly.

Yes Apple says it is the best so who are we to argue with them right? ;)

Sorry about my previous post. Was made with a bit more emotions than was needed. For that i apologize.

I use various distros. I currently have Ubuntu installed. While i have used distros from PCLinuxOS, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, Kubuntu, DSL, Puppy Linux and a couple of others. I have varied my distros to try and get a better knowledge of Linux and what it has to offer as a open source OS compared to Windows.

Sadly i dont have the funds to use multiple machines. I have a family and that now so they come first over my PC. My setup is only a lowly Dimension 8400 with upgrades. So a multi boot setup is my main route as even a Virtual Machine setup hampers me greatly.

Yes Apple says it is the best so who are we to argue with them right? ;)

Ah yes family, they do drain out your money quite quickly i've noticed.
Lucky for me I am too busy for all that, kudos for being able to put up with kids! (though you could be one of the lucky ones with good kids (not too fussy), genetic studies say only about 20% of kids born are that way however).

Nice chatting with you

Pleasure to chat with you as well. But i will say kudos to you for going back to your studies. That is something i am looking forward to myself once the little one starts school as well. So i know how tough it can be to get back into it after years away from it.

Luckily i was blessed. The baby isnt that fussy. So it is nothing but a pleasure.

Pleasure to chat with you as well. But i will say kudos to you for going back to your studies. That is something i am looking forward to myself once the little one starts school as well. So i know how tough it can be to get back into it after years away from it.

Luckily i was blessed. The baby isnt that fussy. So it is nothing but a pleasure.

Oh that's great, since I hate kids, except the nice ones, good for you :)

However one thing I thought you might mistaken (I didn't make it clear) I am actually a high school graduate who moved right onto college.
I was fully employed by my high school on top of being a student, I was very lucky to get the job, I gained a lot of respect and power, it was a fight for my parents to convince me to give up my position and master keys to the school :p

Ah well maybe I will return one day, but until then I am stuck in college, I hate it! I am at one of the premier tech. colleges in the nation and I am not challenged! Oh well... who knows.

Well still kudos for leaving a good job to go to school. I wish i had that kind of motivation when i was at that age. Instead i let work consume me and didnt continue my schooling which i am paying for now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom