Apple Pulls Out of Black Hat Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Pulls Out of Black Hat Conference

Apple has bailed out of their scheduled public discussion at next week's Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas. I'd crack wise about security and Apple but I'm guessing some of you readers can do a much better job of it in the comments. :D

The panel would have been a highlight of the show, giving attendees an insider look at Apple's security response team. Apple is notoriously secretive about its security policies, a stance that has made it a constant target of criticism in the security community.

This is not a good sign. First they take almost a exra month to patch the DNS flaw now they back out of the Black Hat.

I know they are worried about their iPhone 3G and all that stuff. But seriously this is the biggest test of your consumer product for security.

To me this is honestly not that good a sign. Just shows that they are more worried about their image after what happened last year than they are about trying to offer a secure prodict for the customers.

Of course they're worried about their image, Mak. They're a fashion accessory, after all ;).

Of course they're worried about their image, Mak. They're a fashion accessory, after all ;).

Nope far from it buddy boy - they are more than capable than most other PC's on the market imo. The iPhone is a very useful busness tool comparing that to any of the 3 phones i have including the black berry pearl its far more versital an much better to work with as a mobile office tool. When I get my iPhone my black berry will be little more than a ugly paper weight.

I never said that they were a fashion statment or anything like that. But you do have to agree that they are a bit worried about thier image. I mean why else draw out of Balck Hat? They were hacked in 5 minutes last year. There is no way they can claim superority over Vista with a record like that 2 years in a row.

I can understand if they got things going on. But at the same time you do not need that many people at Black Hat that your other projects would suffer for more than 1 day if that. If they can wait almost 30 days to put out the DNS patch. They can wait a extra day for the other stuff to send someone to Black Hat.

But that is just my opinion. I dont know Apple at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom