Apple and PC hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryunix

Solid State Member
I know apple monitors are far better then the PC ones, Better DPI I believe. Now my question is, can you hook one of them up to a PC and still get that amazing quality?

I am worried that it might be limited to apple hardware or software, but if it is possible for the monitor to look as good on a PC as it does on a Mac, please let me know. I have to use a pc for my current position.

Thanks
ryunix

Yes, now that the new Apple screens have DVI, they should work with 100% compatability. Brightness can now be changed via the screen and not the computer, giving previously unaccessable control to the cinema display line. However, the 30 inch requires a dual link DVI port, which may be harder to find for a PC than for a mac.

Any idea where i can get a 100% answer, just do not want to buy it then not be able to use it fully and I realy want a mac monitor if I can :)

And any sugestions on monitors? Are they all the same except for size?

yes you can connect a generic PC display to a Mac. Here is a screenshot of my iBook connected to my HP v70 series monitor. The iBook has an ATI Mobility RADEON gfx card and the display output option is a Mini DVI plug. Apple provides you with an adapter, and you can buy any other adapters you need from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom