Apple Offers $10,000 for 10 Billionth iTunes Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Offers $10,000 for 10 Billionth iTunes Download

Apple is giving away a $10,000 iTunes gift card to the person that downloads the 10 billionth song from iTunes. The catch? You have to buy keep buying songs if you want to "win."

A Michigan 17-year-old won a similar prize on Feb. 23, 2006, when the company marked its first billion songs sold on iTunes. He got a $10,000 iTunes gift card, 10 iPods, an iMac and a phone call from CEO Steve Jobs

^they probably dont tell you. If they did, then you could calculate the rate at which songs are selling, and the accelerated rate as it goes on and gets closer, then at the right time get a bunch of your friends to buy a couple songs all at the same time and would very much increase your odds.

lol i'd like to win this...but id' probably be the $10,000 card up for sell on ebay or something for like <half value :\ no way would I ever use $10,000 worth of itune cards :\

wow..going up fast but not really as fast as I thought it would..probably be weeks/month or so before it hits 10billion

EDIT:after looking it seems to be going up at around 6,000 songs/minute... about 66million left...that's 11000 minutes to go 183.333333 hours..about 7.6 days to go before it hits 10billion.

Of course that's going by the numbers right now...I'm sure it'll start increasing faster once it gets closer to 10billion

Apple® today announced that music fans have purchased and downloaded over 10
billion songs from the iTunes® Store the world's most popular
online music, TV and movie store. The 10 billionth song, “Guess Things Happen
That Way” by Johnny Cash, was purchased by Louie Sulcer of Woodstock, Georgia.
As the winner of the iT...unes Countdown to 10 Billion Songs, Louie will receive a
$10,000 iTunes Gift Card. iTunes is the number one music retailer in the world
and features the world's largest music catalog with over 12 million songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom