Apple is the New Hacker Bulls-Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple is the New Hacker Bulls-Eye

I guess you can only talk smack so long before you finally attract the attention of the hacking community.

When Apple was just a niche maker of Mac computers and only truly popular among college students and graphic designers, hackers paid little attention to the company. Instead, they focused on Microsoft, which had more than a 90% share of the PC operating system market. Those days are over

This has me worried. I always knew that Mac OS X could get Viruses, and I knew that when I made the transition to PC to Mac. I guess I will need to find a Anti Virus program...

You knew that eventually Apple was going to start being a target as market share gets bigger so does the security threat Microsoft is still the biggest target but Apple is starting to really get noticed. Apple should defiantly take a close look at security just to keep up there safe reputation.

As long as Microsoft Windows controls the business world, there wont be a huge target for Macs besides the little attacks of personal computers.

I think personal computers can bring in a group of hackers/crackers more money than messing with a corporate system, as most corporate systems get updated more often and are watched after for things that can cause financial loss.

I think personal computers can bring in a group of hackers/crackers more money than messing with a corporate system, as most corporate systems get updated more often and are watched after for things that can cause financial loss.
Yeah I know most people run vista with no service packs and no AV or there running XP SP2 with no windows updates since when they bought it 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom