Apple Might Be Watching You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Might Be Watching You

What is good customer service? Customers would usually state that good customer service means fast and effective solutions for difficulties with a product of a company. What about a company that actively monitors forums and initiates the contact with the customer?
That is apparently what has happened to Nicole Gorski (via Softpedia, thanks Dante) who stated on the official Apple support forum that she got a customer service call from Apple after posting about a problem she encountered with her MacBook Pro.
She confirmed in the thread that she did not contact Apple on this behalf and that they could only got the information about the problem from the forum thread. Another user weighted in that he found this behavior scary and (privacy) invasive.
To come back to the initial question: Do you think it is good customer service to monitor the official support forums actively and contact them without the customer's consent? Good or scary, what is your take on the story?

uhmm i find it weird.

It's good in a way...but if i want phone support i'd call myself. If i ask on the forum, I most likely want a reply there.

This is rather simple, you get promoted to use a apple ID when you buy a new mac, if you have your paypal or credit card established with iTunes your details are logged when you request a support ticket on the apple forums an use the same email address as your apple ID it can be searched and the relevant contact deatails become avialable to the support tech in question.

If it is considderd essential they can call you if your number is listed or if you have had a previous support ticket your number will be logged, in this case it is my opnin that the tech who did it over steped the mark an called before it was essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom