Apple MAC desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephfuentes

Solid State Member
I am looking for a high end desktop but not really for gaming. (I hear Windows based platforms have this corner booked). I also am not a photo editor really so I only use Adobe Photoshop and that's only once in a while.

I just crave speed & power (part of my personality I guess). having said that I will also throw one more wrench into the works. I have no real allegiance to any OS; Leopard, Windows or Linux. I am OS agnostic. Just as long as it works and is easy to use.

I have to admit I've been mostly a Windows user all my life and this is what I'm used to but not married to it. Linux I've installed and used the Redhat distro. Mac OS, I used for three years at this one company but that was some midieval version of MAC by today's standards.

I am looking at the MAC tower which has 2 Quad-core Xeon processors (8 cores altogether) and perhaps as an alternative the HP Blackbird 002 (it has quad core extreme processors I believe). I also know there is the cyberpowerpc and the alienware desktop and falcon etc. But who's the fastest, most powerful?

If I do end up going with the MAC then I will partition the HD for leopard and vista (no emulation for me, slows things down). Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom