Apple Admits British Man Invented iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Admits British Man Invented iPod

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the headline saying “Apple admits this guy invented the iPod.” Then I realized they only admitted that to win a court case and the man that really invented the iPod isn't getting a dime. Now there's the Apple we all know and love.

Apple has finally admitted that a British man who left school at 15 is the inventor behind the iPod. Kane Kramer, 52, came up with the technology that drives the digital music player nearly 30 years ago but has still not seen a penny from his invention.

I'm wondering how you can call the iPod an "invention"...its original form was just Apple's version of an MP3 player, already a common device at the time. The interface may be similar, but look at the iPod vs Zune, similar interface, the iPhone, using this stance, infringes on any patent of any PDA, since it has a touchscreen and directional switch. I don't get it. Unless Apple specifically used the expired patent design when they originally designed the iPod, he didn't make it first, he simply had something very similar to it before Apple came out with their iPod.

What is the point of this? Are you an anti-Apple propagandist troll?

Apple's version of a personal MP3 player wasn't even the first commercially produced MP3 player, so what was it that this guy could have possibly "invented"? The interfacing? Developer may be a better word than inventor, as it's not possible to invent something that already exists.

Osiris was posting news. He is not a anti Apple Trool. Next time maybe research a user before you make a comment like that. He didnt write the article. He found it and posted it as news for everyone else to read. IF you got a issue with it go find the person who did write it and complain to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom