AnyVideo Converter HD app runs hot on pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalou

Solid State Member
Hello, I needed an app to convert video so I installed AnyVideo Converter HD on my macbook pro (late 2011). I am aware that the new macbooks run hotter than a lot of systems but for some reason this particular app causes my system temp to raise very fast when I'm using it. I mean I watch it go up during the converting process. I always put it on a cooler and kill everything else running when I have to use it. Can some please explain why this happens and if I can do anything to prevent it. I'm running MAC osx 10.6.8 2gh I7 8gb RAM 7200 rpm hard drive, 1333mhz ddr3. Thanks for you help.

The program is written with Apple's universal code so it will work on PPC and Intel computers. All programs written this way are inefficient and tend to cause a lot of issue with higher-end systems. Try the fan controller for now, but I don't foresee that having any great effect.

You may need to source a new program that is native to Intel Macs

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that i already have smcfan control. Works well, but even with both fans cranked all the way up certain apps make my mac pro run very hot, expescially the video converter. I was just wondering if there was something in particular with certain apps that cause the system to run hot

Thanks for the advise. Im running the fan control. Is there something i should look for when picking an app to download? Im really not sure how to approach that. By the way, the apple forum use to make my mac pro run hot. I think they fixed it somehow because it doesn't seem to do it anymore. Thanks again.

Thanks for the advise. Im running the fan control. Is there something i should look for when picking an app to download? Im really not sure how to approach that. By the way, the apple forum use to make my mac pro run hot. I think they fixed it somehow because it doesn't seem to do it anymore. Thanks again.
I'm not quite sure what to tell you if it's still going hot. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom