17 inch iMac core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
moisiss said:
(quote)
I was curious about how much the upgrade to Leopard will cost? A ball park figure is fine. Since I am going to get the Apple Care plan, I don't want to download the new OS somewhere offline because I will end up voiding my warantee. So if you guys could give me an estimation as to how much a newly released OS for an Apple computer would cost, that would be great!
(quote)

Isn't Leopard going to be released relatively soon?... Why not just wait a few months to buy your iMac so you can get it for free (well, bundled in with the computer)? Plus, if you could save a little more in those months... you might be able to bump up to the 20"...

Wouldn't that mean that you would be paying a bit more for a new OS? Cause if that is the case then i might be taking that path and waiting till Leopard comes out. when does it come out?

I have a very small apartment, a 20 inch would not be practical.

I just ordered my iMac today.

-17 inch intel core 2 duo
-2.16 ghz
-250 gb hard drive
-apple care

I don't think Leopard is going to come out until sometime early-mid next year. I'm not a mac pro by any means, but that's what I heard from somewhere. Could be wrong, maybe before or sooner.

OSX 10 is going for 129 right now (single user). I've never used mac's before, but I'm going to take a guess and assume that Leopard is probably going to be more expensive when it first comes out?

Also, does single user mean I can load the software on perhaps 3 computers? Or just one? This way maybe I'll be able to bum it off a friend?

But yeah, since I got apple care, I'm not going to void the warantee.

Also, someone mentioned the software update for OSX. Does that mean that you can just download Leopard on your computer without having to purchase it? I'm assuming you still have to pay for this...

Also, since I'm new to Mac's I want to get familiar a bit with the history. If 10.5 is Leopard, was there an OS 9, 8, 7654321? Because if Apple has followed this pattern, that's a lot of operating systems in comparison to Windows.

No, you'll have to buy it.

Yes, there was OS9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and the X stands for 10, roman numerals.

OS X is pronounced "oh ess ten" not "oh ess ex"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom