13 Glaring iPad Shortcomings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
13 Glaring iPad Shortcomings

MSNBC has taken the iPad around the block a few times and came up with a list of glaring iPad shortcomings that people should probably be aware of before plunking down all that cash.

We've been testing both a low-end and top-end iPad all weekend, also letting family members ages 9 to 59 try it out and offer their reactions, and our overall conclusion is that while the iPad is fun to play with, it's hard to figure out what role it fills that some other device doesn't do much better.

The biggest one for me is the awkwardness. It's the same in terms of portability as a netbook, and I know which one I'd rather have.

Mac users don't listen, their eyes just glaze over and tell you all the great things about it. lol

The HP slate looks much more promising, but I probably wouldn't buy that either.

TBH I see a ipad device with a real OS being useful, it's more portable than a laptop and has a decent sized display it would be handy for people who need a computer round the office but who travel alot round the office space i.e. floor to floor. But with the iphoneOS it wont be much good at that implementation.

Something similar, would be incredibly useful in some scenarios, such as for IT Admins that have large areas to walk around and keep up on routine maintenance.

If you haven't heard yet, both the Courier and (rumored) the HP Slate have been canceled or killed. I'd like to see this HP acquisition of Palm turn into a WebOS based tablet. That'd be pretty sweet :tongue:

I've been playing with one for a few days now, the advantages the iPad has are the speed with which you can access stuff, and the ease with which you can do so via the touchscreen.

I still think I'd prefer a netbook for the on-the-go stuff, my PC for the stay-at-home stuff, and my phone is perfectly fine for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom