13 Glaring iPad Shortcomings

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I see a ipad device with a real OS being useful, it's more portable than a laptop and has a decent sized display it would be handy for people who need a computer round the office but who travel alot round the office space i.e. floor to floor. But with the iphoneOS it wont be much good at that implementation.

I agree. Apple had a great opportunity to provide a proper tablet device with a proper OS but instead of producing a tablet they came up with the iPad.

If it had a proper OS on it (i.e. Snow Leopard 'tablet edition') then I might have been interested, but as it stands I can't see any benefit I would get from owning one.

I agree. Apple had a great opportunity to provide a proper tablet device with a proper OS but instead of producing a tablet they came up with the iPad.

If it had a proper OS on it (i.e. Snow Leopard 'tablet edition') then I might have been interested, but as it stands I can't see any benefit I would get from owning one.

Nor do I. My opinion is also stemming from the "even if it was free" standpoint. Once you factor in the price (and a high one at that) it becomes even more confusing over how it would benefit my life. I'm sure it could really be solid for some uses, but I work in the tech field and I just don't see how it can help.

I carry a laptop, and it can't replace my laptop due to its limited use. So for me to use it, I'd have to carry it WITH my laptop. Yet my laptop can do whatever the iPad can. And around the circle we gooooooo.

iPhone-only apps look horrible
if anyone thought differently then that, then wow. The screen has larger, therefor the apps have to be stretched.

I have been over this, but i would only get this as a really convenient way to do menial tasks like check email, looks at a news site, web browsing anywhere in the house, that kinda thing. Because a netbook is a really crappy experience compared to using one of these. More functional yes, but i hate using them.

if anyone thought differently then that, then wow. The screen has larger, therefor the apps have to be stretched.

I have been over this, but i would only get this as a really convenient way to do menial tasks like check email, looks at a news site, web browsing anywhere in the house, that kinda thing. Because a netbook is a really crappy experience compared to using one of these. More functional yes, but i hate using them.

How good was the netbook you used? My netbook offers as far better experience than the 14" laptop it replaced and I've even used it over the desktops in the labs at school on several occasions.

It's also worth mentioning that the iPad is more expensive than nearly all netbooks so it really should be compared to CULV laptops.

^i have used a wide variety of netbooks, not owned one, just used them. They have a crappy little screen, very small track pads, and small keyboards. Overall the netbook experience is crap. Sure some people like it, but all of my friends, and people i know hate them along with me, and none of them have an ipad either.

^i have used a wide variety of netbooks, not owned one, just used them. They have a crappy little screen, very small track pads, and small keyboards. Overall the netbook experience is crap. Sure some people like it, but all of my friends, and people i know hate them along with me, and none of them have an ipad either.

The crappy screen part is easy to avoid, the 10" LED display on my MSI Wind U100 looks nearly as good as my Samsung 932bw+ and is one of the best screens I have seen on a laptop.

As I said before comparing the iPasd to nertbooks isn't fair from price standpoint. CULV laptops like this Asus are it's real competition.

Newegg.com - ASUS UL20 Series UL20A-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300(1.30GHz) 12.1" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm Intel GMA 4500MHD

Yeah, as long as you don't really cheap out on the netbook, then they can come with some really nice screens. I like the one on mine, 11.6"/1336x768, the contrast isn't great but it is very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom