Zone Alarm pro problems plz help (has to do with internet connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grave

Solid State Member
I have zone alarm on my laptop and it works fine on my internet connection but i decided to spend the night over my cousins house and ive used his internet connection before i installed zap which was just recently now i cannot access the internet and i tried to unistall nothing work can someone plz help

Provide more information please. What type of Internet, is there a router involve, if so what is the brand and model of the router, what operating system are you using, how are you connected to his Internet?. Do you still have ZA installed or did you get rid of it?

Is your friend computer setup to obtain an IP address automatically, and is your computer setup the same way? Check to see if you got any IP address by going to th Network Connection, right click on your adapter and select Status then support tab.

Ive used his connection before i had zone alarm but after i installed it i couldnt access the internet from my laptop while at his house so its not his internet connection theres something wrong with zone alarm thats not letting me use his connection .

I was trying to find away around it but couldnt so i unistalled it and still no access so the answer to that question is its not on my computer anymore.

hes got a router on his first floor then hes got a 100 ft ethernet cable that runs up to his room which runs into a switch.

Ok so you're connected to his switch? Now can you open up command prompt by going to Start Menu, click the Run button and type in cmd and press enter.

type ipconfig /all to see if you get an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS information and post it here.

IP: 192.168.1.104
DG: 255.255.255.0

DNS: 68.87.64.146

255.255.255.0 is your subnet mask so I am guessing 192.168.1.1 is your default gateway (usually it is).

Follow these step below:

1) Open up command prompt and ping 192.168.1.1

ping 192.168.1.1

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 2 if not don't proceed yet.

2) ping 64.233.161.147

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 3 if not don't proceed yet.

3) ping www.google.com

Do you get a reply? If yes move on to step 4 if not don't proceed yet.

4) Open up a web browser, go to www.google.com

Does it work? If yes you have Internet, if not you have a firewall issue or wrong configuration issue.

Tell me which step are you not getting any reply from. I will have a better idea what is happening on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom