your A.O. Hell. opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOL is the biggest virus to hit the internet EVER! It is everywhere, even on a clean install of the OS. Its in music aps, its in video, there is not a single place on the net that is not infected by it. Some one should write an antivirus program that detects and removes it!

daappleby said:
AOL is the biggest virus to hit the internet EVER! It is everywhere, even on a clean install of the OS. Its in music aps, its in video, there is not a single place on the net that is not infected by it. Some one should write an antivirus program that detects and removes it!

I second that

I used to love to fvck with AOL but using a little program called Methodus. It was a hell raising tool for AOL. You could crash other peoples computers with lines of code thru IM, you could make ASCII pics in chatrooms, punt everyone off their connections thru AOL chatrooms, send fake emails, and you could do other various things. But after like a week or two, AOL would disconnect me and make my parents call the 1-800 number to reactivate the account. They would say I was using a "3rd party commercial software application" which is a violation of THEIR EULA. I did this like 4 or 5 times, they really never punished you, they just made you call the 1-800 number to reactivate.

AOL IS GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!

Nice essay, I like the quoted sources too. AOL is in my opinion, an arm and a leg lost for nothing. Even if you have nothing but dial up, then go to the library.

-Ryan

Wow - that title brought me back to jr high. There were all sorts of programs to **** around with aol users. AOHell was one.

MrBebop26 said:
Nice essay, I like the quoted sources too. AOL is in my opinion, an arm and a leg lost for nothing. Even if you have nothing but dial up, then go to the library.

-Ryan

True, but there are countless...and by that i mean countless of people that have the option of getting cable or DSL but stay on AOL. There are some even that insist that the Internet won't work without AOL. If they upgrade to broadband, they buy "AOL for Broadband" to go on top of it because they don't believe it will work without it! I'm serious, i talk to these people all the time.

beedubaya said:
True, but there are countless...and by that i mean countless of people that have the option of getting cable or DSL but stay on AOL. There are some even that insist that the Internet won't work without AOL. If they upgrade to broadband, they buy "AOL for Broadband" to go on top of it because they don't believe it will work without it! I'm serious, i talk to these people all the time.

Ohhh beedubya I thought I was alone on that!!LOL. Yes I will throw my vote in for AOL sucking majorily and to stay clear clear away from it.

Its sooo true though! I have setup lots of home networks where I live who have moved from AOL dial up to Time Warner Road Runner high speed cable...yet still purchase AOL highspeed in ADDITION! cause they say, but but without AOL it wont look the same..ughhh..even when they realize there paying double for two services and get tired of it they STILL give money to AOL so they can keep there "screen name" or "E-Mail". I as well had a hard time cancelling and had them taking me money from my account even after cancelling...big drama with that company.

beedubaya said:

the worst part about this is..
they won't believe you when you try to tell them different

EricB said:
the worst part about this is..
they won't believe you when you try to tell them different

That's so true. If you tell them they don't need AOL to use their broadband connection, they will tell you you're lying, or you don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom