Yay, my wireless is broken again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerunknown

In Runtime
This happens so often, doesn't it?

My wireless often drops out when my parents switch off the PC and the router from the switch (as in, for several days). Usually this is fixed after switching on my router and then my PC, rather than in the reverse order or whatever.

This didn't work. I tried to reset my router, so I held down the reset button for a while... Nothing.

So, AOL refused to recognise TCP/IP. It looks for a DSL modem, can't find one, and reports an error - this means that my wireless (Wii) *and* my wired connections (PC) were borked for a week. Sometimes I didn't need to sign on using AOL Dialler for it to work, or at least my PC could connect but my internet was down for quite the while.

I recalled a little of my previous troubleshooting, so I went to Network connections and looked at the status. Local Area Connection - Connected - Sending and receiving packages. I thought it was a problem AOLs side. I phoned them up and once they realised they couldn't do anything, they said it was a fault with my router... Which may be the case. However, I was wondering why my router could send and receive packages?

I also tried visiting the router configuration page, but typing in the default IP addresses wouldn't work.

At the moment I've connected a modem, but that means no Wiinternet and possibly no secondary PC internet, 'cuz I was thinking of buying one. >.<

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1046/excusemeprincessez4.png

Your router is communicating with your cable modem or DSL or whatever it is so I would think it is a TCP/IP issue here. Are you set with a static IP or DHCP? Any filtering happening on your router? Anybody else possibly leeching your WiFi and possibly screwing with the settings?

Not sure if that answers your question. I'm not really good at this >_>...

Also, it's quite possible. I can't change the password without accessing the router config thingy though.

Maybe I should look for the install disc. =o

Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. That will give you the IP of your router(default gateway) if this is different from what you posted above, it is why you can't connect to it with the static IP address. The one that is set to automatic should be able to connect unless it has been blocked.

>_>;

Good point. I think real quick in these such situations. (**** at there not being an edit button)

Oh well, 'tis working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom