Xp Home to Xp Pro Home Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I have both of my computers setup for network and sharing files. I have Windows XP Pro on my computer, and on this computer is Windows XP Home. I am sharing My Documents folder from the XP Home because I usually need to use this memory card reader in this computer to get my pictures off of a memory card, and then I transfer them to my folder so I dont have to run back and fourth. Everytime I click on My Network places, click on the computer named Brandon.. It constantly ask's me for my User Name and Password for the Pro machine, with no option to "Save this password". Is there anyway I can make that option available, so that I dont have to type my password in every single time?

Thanks!

The reason why it's asking you (add will continue to do so) is because you aren't logged in on the machine you are coming from with a similar username (and matching password) thats located on the machine you are going to. Once you log in on the machine you are coming from with a matching account that the machine you are going to has as well, it won't ask you to authenticate any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom