[XP] 1 comp, 3 accounts, only 1 has internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatxtiger

Solid State Member
I am using Verizon DSL and there is one computer with three different accounts on windows XP.

All three used to have access to internet but since last week only mine has the internet alive; the other two don't.

Mine is administrator, so is another one, and the other one is guest account.

Only difference is that i've installed Norton internet security (on my account). the other accounts seem to have trouble with the new software; error messages keep popping up on their accounts, about not being able scan emails or something.

So that's my problem/question.

Thank you,

p.s. I used to have the power to turn off "any" process on task manager, whether they were under my account, other accounts, or SYSTEM. Now it won't let me close anything other than my account's. I would like to know how to regain my "power".

well that last thing sounds like a permissions problem. Like you are not an admin anymore or something. Might want to confirm that...
As to the rest, I would suspect the application configuration. Try reinstalling the app from add remove programs as each of those users. see what that does for you...

Good luck

By "App" do you mean the Norton Internet SEcurity?

I still have the admin power...
I really don't know what happened.

yes. That is an application... are you seeing all running processes? the little check box at the bottom... Also, have you tried uninstalling Norton and seeing if the problem go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom