Xbox live help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

turini

Solid State Member
i plug my ethernet wire into xbox and one into modem and it says it can not find my DNS server or whatever any one know how i can find the ip or anything of what my DNS is called please?

no i just take the wire that goes into computer out and put the one connected to xbox in the modem and xbox says it cant find dns server or something? any help appreciated

Well, I personally have a PS2 so I'm not very familiar with the setup of the xbox adapter. Basically, try shutting off the xbox and leaving it off. Then unplug the modem (by the way...is it a cable or DSL modem?) Leave the modem off for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Then after it's on for about 20 seconds or so turn on the xbox. See if you can't get online then.

Also, you may want to throw the xbox network adapter's CD into the drive and make sure that your adapter is set for "Auto Configuration"

its cable modem and i have been doing it with xbox and modem both on but thanks for help i will try i dont see why it wont work with a direct connection

It should work with a cable modem......with a direct connection. But since the xbox is just a regular PC, you may need to follow the instruction above.
Did the adatper for the xbox come with a CD?

no cd came but it did have a thing where it auto detects but it could not find DNS whichever that was it was saying to get from ISP but they never gave to me i dont know what the ips are eather

Ok, well, in order to find these, plug the network cable back into the PC.
Then goto Start > Run and type in "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. The Primary DNS is in this list. You should only need the primary DNS. If you are switching back and forth between the PC and the XBox....you should be able to configure the xbox with the SAME ip address as the computer as well.

ok thanks any idea why when i do ipconfig /all the black box thing comes up for like 1/2 a second than closes?

Whoops!

Sorry....not paying ANY attention....

Click start > Run and then type "cmd" and hit enter

Then type the "ipconfig /all"

:) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom