Xbox 360 internet connectivity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I'm confused by connecting this stuff...

I've managed to get my Xbox connected to my PC via an ethernet card in my computer and a cable between that and the Xbox... But how can I get my Xbox to connect to the internet from this? I've tried using internet connection sharing, but I get this message...

"ICS cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict. ICS requires the host to use 192.168.0.1, please be sure no other client on the network is using 192.168.0.1".

So am I supposed to assign 192.168.0.1 to my AMD system? I'm pretty sure I can't, since that's my router's IP address. I'm literally a dumba@# when it comes to networking, so can anyone help me?

I drew up a little diagram to show you how things are set up at my house for internet...

http://imgboot.com/images/joshfudge/xboxconnect.jpg

There are a few threads in the networking sub-forum that may help....

HERE is the FAQ index thread, the 3rd group of links down are Internet Sharing threads.

HERE is an excellent thread authored by LAW on connecting a PS2 to the internet through a computer. (Yes, I know, different platform, but it will be the same task essentially on the PC, the only difference is in the setup on the console itself.)

Also, depending on the proximity of the router to the Desktop this is connected to, you could just plug the xBox into the Router and save yourself the trouble of setting up the ICS, as well as having to have the PC on to get the xBox online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom