WRT54G port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I am trying to forward my ports for BF2. portforward.com list 11 entries for it, but my configuration scren only has 10. I figure I can combine a couple, so no real sweat there.

Once I have them all typed in and try to save them, I get "Port number already exists" and it doesn't save the settings. Anyone know why, or what I am doing wrong with this?

Thanks.

Sounds like something you would see if you had overlapping entries or one already there going to another address on your LAN.
Try to build them one at a time and then you'll be able to pin-point which you are getting into trouble with

I remember setting the WRT54G to give my computer the same IP rather than have to go into the router and change the port forwarding settings.

Weird. I tried going on at a time like you said, Doc, and it kicked the 1500-4999 range out, but took the rest. Once I had all the others in, I put the 1500-4999 one on the end and it took it. Most peculiar.

Try flashing to DD-WRT. Supports way more options, including port range forwarding (not sure if the stock firmware supports it) so you may be able to cover lots of ports in one fel swoop (or forward as many as you want, instead of ten ;))

I started to do that once before, but didn't.

Pinging my router is giving me some funky results, with <1ms, 1ms, 1330ms, and 1332ms. I am going to try taking it back to factory with a hard reset and swap my ethernet cable out. If that doesn't solve the problem, I may go ahead and flash it.

you should upgrade the firmware regardless. That's super easy to do and should make things more stable for you. I've done it on my router (same as yours)

DD-WRT is a great upgrade, Trotter i would give that a go take the locked down router to a point just beyond awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom