workgroup connectivity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiren

Baseband Member
i have a connectivity problem with my network.

The message i have receive is "Access denied you don't have permission to access this ..............."

I've got tow computers and they are connected through the ADSL router which also acts as DHCP server.

I can ping both the computer from the IP address as well as their NETBIOS names both the directions.

I can be able to see both in the work group but neither of them allow me to access the other.

what should i have to do to make it work?

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections > "Set up a home or small office network."

When asked for a connection method, choose "This computer connects to the Internet through another computer on my network or through a residential gateway."

Unless you're networking only Windows XP systems, choose "Create a network setup disk" when prompted. This creates a floppy you can use to run the wizard on non-XP systems if you have any on your network.

Try this out. Reboot both machines, then get back to us.

Is this a problem from the start or did it work in the past and has stopped? Do you have identical user accounts on both machines WITH passwords? Also do you have file sharing enabled? Do you have your files marked as private?

file sharing is enabled. This is the problem from beginning now form my desktop i m able to connect but from laptop i m not able to connect the same message is display.

no firewall is installed on either of the machine and none of the files are marked as priate.

Identical means same user name and password on both system?

Yes you must have the same username on both. And you have to have shared folders on both as well.

Why is it so? I don't know that is there any specific reason about that?

You shouldn't need the same user names and passwords on both. Cause if it's not a domain, even if they are the same, they're really not the same, if that makes any sense. You're sure the windows firewall isn't on.

What antivirus application is installed on these machines? Do you have a firewall app running/installed? Are these a part of the SAME workgroup/domain?

I have norton antivirus 2005 installed on my desktop and Symentec antivirus corporate edition installed on desktop. There is no other firewall installed on either of the machine

I've already try to connect by disabling firewall. I am able to connect to my desktop from my laptop but not i m not able to connect to laptop from my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom