Wirelss problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansmit

Beta member
I am a final year student studying networks. I am interested to know any opinions on this problem.

iam currently designing a network for two 5 floor buildings

the 4th and fifth floor require wireless access guest access is to be limited to internet access and conference and educational material from the web servers whilst employees need access to internal systems. how can i solve this problem. I am using cisco products. and the wired network backbone consists of a 3 layer heirachical switched ethernet design.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I already finished school, got my degree and did MY OWN homework. Don't you think you will have a better understanding if you research it yourself rather than someone here giving you the answer?
Failing that, contact Buffalo Wireless, they'll hook you up with all the info you need.

i have already done some homework. but i dont know if the solutions will work.

I was going to either use a seperate vlan for guests and restrict access to the internal systems using access lists on the main layer 3 switch i am using. however i am unsure as to how clients will be assigned to the guest vlan when they connect to an access point. The other option is to use some sort of authentication server however i have no expierience using anything like this and dont have the time or resources to research it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom