Wireless wrt54g problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzz

Beta member
Hi, I'm experiencing some problems with my wireless router, wrt54g.

I was online this morning and suddenly got disconnected. I refreshed my network list but linksys was not found. I decided to unplug the router which usuallly works after a disconnection, but it did not work this time. 10 minutes later I tried it again and noticed that the power light continues to flash while all other lights are off. I tried holding down the reset button for a while but that didn't work either. I searched a bit on flashing power lights on google, but most of the results said things about the router being bricked or something about incompatible firmwares. I have no idea what this means, and I am sure I did not try to download firmwares.

Could anyone help me with this? =(

i think when something is bricked its kidna a metaphor for being as useful as a wet fart in a space suit..i cant think of to many suggestions, if i was you i woulda just tried creating a new network using same hardware but if your router is "bricked" then ur kidna screwed and might want to think abotu calling your retailer.

You should give us some more information, for example, how long have you had that thing. Is it in a humid environment, and have you recently changed the firmware on it. From what you said about the power light just flashing, it leads me to believe that there may be a short in it somewhere. Let me know some of this stuff when you can.

Last week I bought a brand new router to replace my WRT54G that had been working perfect. Found out later that the router was fine, but I had a LAN cable that had gone bad. Yep, I should have known to check the cables, but was in a hurry to get back online.

The power LED flashing sounds like a transformer problem or (hopefully not) internal power supply problem. Look for another 12V DC transformer and try that first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom