Wireless and Wired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

Baseband Member
One of my customers has a laptop with built in wireless access. Whenever the wireless drivers are present, the wire connection will not work. Even disabling the adapter, windows somehow cannot get past the fact there is a wireless adapter there.

He is using:
WinXP Pro
Laptop has 512MB RAM
otherwise it's a stock Toshiba (although fairly old).

Any ideas as to what may be causing windows to not figure out the correct adapter? A company that I do work for has a Micros POS system as well and it seems to have problems when IP's are switched on the internal NIC cards. It's running 2k though. The fixes I do on that machine don't translate to this laptop however...

In internet options I have it set to dial a connection whenever a network connection is not detected since he uses dialup *ugh* at home. Both adapters are present, however I can shut the wireless off by a switch on the laptop and the drivers still seem to make XP conflict.

so the when hte wireless is disabled, the wired doesn't work? is that what you are asking? is the wired connection totally disabled when the wireless is active? or is it just not working via some other issue?

The wired connection will not work unless the wireless is removed from the device manager in windows. It doesn't matter if the wireless is on/off or if there is a hotspot detected or not. :S

Are u using adapters wireless utility or windows built in Wireless utilty(Wireless Zero Configuration) to connect wirelessly.

I'm using the XP built in utility... actually his computer was refurbed and it only had a XP install and no extra goodies on it. hmmm... maybe I should look for a driver update via their website.... *wheels churning*

forgive me... but... *bump* lol

I wonder if anyone else has an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom