Wireless USB making comp BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric2k6

Solid State Member
Recently purchased a ZOOM G Wireless adapter for my computer due to the ISP being changed and the new modem being wireless.

Installed the driver and software from the disk provided and followed the instructions, when i restarted my computer and plugged in the wireless adapter the comp eventually just flicks onto the blue screen with an error message.

NOW the computer doesnt even display the blue screen and just randomly restarts with the adapter plugged in, but while it isnt plugged in it works fine.

I really need the computer connected to the internet and it is too far away for a cable.

Any solutions? :(

Google for CPUz and find the make and model of the mother board from there google to find the manufacturer's site to get the chipset drivers. This will update your USB drivers.

If it is a dell or HP or something like that just go to the PC Manufacturer's site adn get updated chipset drivers.

Did exactly what you said, went to the manufacturers website for my pc found my exact model and downloaded the latest chipset drivers and in all honesty EVERY driver for everything on my computer.. Restarted insert my usb wireless and my computer goes straight off..

Its not a problem with my RAM though because without the USB its absolutely fine i can run as much as i want and not have any problems at all.

Anymore ideas?

I never said anything about the RAM. Chipset drivers update the mobo and USB drivers. They have nothign to do with RAM. That is MemTest86.

Are you sure the device is compatible? Is there anyway to flash it? Any documentation or FAQ's to read on troubleshooting it not working?

I don't think he was saying that you particularly said to check the RAM, I think that he was just trying to point out that he thought about that particular component and has crossed it off the "potential problems" list while he was troubleshooting. ;)

This is either going to be a driver issue with the device or the OS itself. If you have all available updates for the OS and are using the latest driver for the product, then perhaps you have a faulty product. What I would do is run the OS in safe mode and uninstall all available Zoom software that you had placed on there prior to plugging the device in. Look for windows updates as well. Then download the latest Zoom driver from their site. Once the latest zoom driver is installed, reboot and plug it in. If your last attempt is attempting with the latest zoom driver and latest OS updates and other updates (take a peek at recommended hardware updates as well) then I would replace the product with another of the same brand or an all together new adapter.

Thanks alot Dr IP, Yes that was exactly what i meant i didn't state you mentioned the RAM at all but myself and some other people (On other forums) Thought it may be a problem with the RAM. I have currently installed the latest software for the wireless adapter and my OS is up to date aswell..

Its easier to get help in words i can understand seeing as although i'm not stupid i am not totally educated in everything to do with computers, I need a straight up guide of what to do in the situation and its looking like i will end up doing what Dr IP said and purchasing a new adapter.

Thanks alot.

What type of PC is it and what type of adapter? What OS as well. Give us this info and we can try to help you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom