Wireless unreliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartoncik

Beta member
Im having a problem with my smc wireless router... The network will be fine and then all of a sudden the "wireless network is unavailable" and after a little bit "connectied to SMC" will pop up as it reconnects.. all the computers in the house have full signal strength and it happens on all of them... so logically deducting I figure its the router.... I know that a neighbor has a wiLan running as well because under available networks I can see a linksys... but I have the WiFi cards set to ignore it.

any suggestions?

Call the tech support... there might be a setting you need to change. Also make sure you have the latest firmware.

Don't use the default setting's that come with the router change to your own.

I'm having similar problems with my linksys wireless PCI card (for a desktop, not a laptop) and it connects with a strong signal, then it'll disconnect for a few seconds. Then reconnect again..repeating this on and on.

I have a booster attached to my access point, so I'm guessing I SHOULD have a pretty strong signal in that room. although I dont have a laptop to test the signals in all rooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom