Wireless trouble....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
Ive recently connected a wireless router to my computer downstairs and installed a wireless receiver to my computer upstairs, i can receive a perfect internet conenction on the computer upstairs. But after a day i found i couldn't open the internet on the downstairs computer. I have no idea why. The majority of the time i just turn the power on to use the modem and the router, but i don't switch on the computer (downstairs one), is this causing the problem.

Any help would be gladly recieved.

Have you connected the modem to the router or the computer?

If it is the router (which in most cases it will be) then you do not have the wired port setup correctly. Does the router assign your IP address automatically? If so, have you got the port setup on auto?

The router is placed between the modem and the computer.

The setting i think at the moment are, is assigns an IP address automatically.

Ok correct me if im wrong but your modem is connectecd to your router which give out wired and wireless internet. If so one computer on the network should not affect the other (unless you have a really bad virus) Its probably your ISP having problems and not sending you internet. Click start > settings > network connections then double click your network adapter. Click on the support tab. Make sure you have ab IP Address, Subnet Mask, and a Default Gateway. If you have al these it isnt your fault. My Comcast is usually preety good but sometimes will go flukey for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom