Wireless settings help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

char487

Beta member
I have 2 - LUXUL CP high gain antennas that can span a distance of at least 2 miles non-line-of-site attached through radios and routers at both sites A and B. At the host location (A), I have the radio plugged into the ethernet port of the router which transmits to the client side (B) via the antennas. From there I have tried all of the router ports with so many different setting scenarios that I cannot tell you what I have and have not tried, and all to no avail. I have been trying to figure this out for about a month now, and I cannot find a solution for my dilemma in any forum (and I have read A LOT!). I am completely unsure of the settings to set the routers and/or computers (I am pretty sure that I have the radios programed correctly, for they are nearly plug and play - one an AP one a Client). I have site A set up as an AP and site B set up as a Client. DHCP is disabled on the client side. The host location has a static IP. The routers at both ends are WRT54G. I was completely clueless about any of this when I started, so I am recently self taught so bear with me my ignorance. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that can give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a friend who is a network guru and I know he has a similar setup for his camp. Let me contact him for you and see if we can't get this going for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom