wireless router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

orpey

Solid State Member
Hello
Could any body help me please. I have a belkin wireless router (F5D7230) 802.11G. I have used this product now for 4 months without any prolems, but for the last week i have not been able to connect to the internet even though it says signal strength excellent and connected. I changed my ip address from automatic with the advise form a belkin site because it did say limited or no connectivity, since I changed that over it says connected, but I still cannot access the internet. I hope that makes sense. I would appreciate any advise

Ok,you need to go in to the router OS and see if you are getting a valid IP from the modem.Any other computers connected to the router?and can they get out to the Internet?If not then you need to unplug the power to the modem for about a min or so and the router.

I have no other computers connected to the router and have unplugged the power a few times but still no success. You say to go into the router os to check the validity of the ip address, how do I do this?
Thanks for your reply.

Connect to the router via a wire and start/run cmd,in the comand promt ipconfig write down the default gateway address.Open IE type in the default gateway IP and enter the pass for the router.Go to the status page and see if the router is getting an IP.

Thanks for your help. I have re - checked all the settings and decided to restore the system to the beginning of the month. For some reason I have been able to connect and recieve the internet. It possibly could have ben caused by the lataest version of msn my daughter downloaded.
Thanks again for your help!

ne suggestions on what kind of wireless router i should use and what kind of wireless network i should use for a small home network? 3 computers and they want just internet, printing, and limited file sharing.

I personally like Linksys routers for small home or business use.If you set up wireless,set up encryption,do not broadcast the SSID and do MAC filtering and it will be pretty secure.

Bah some people prefer to broadcast the MAC ID, no problem with it if you have MAC filtering and WEP \ WPA.

You are in the 25% of people with security with very good security, guess what happens to the 75%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom