Wireless Router Headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrellym

Baseband Member
I have a D-Link (WBR-2310 I think) Router and about every 2 days, I need to manually reset it from the devices "webpage" in order for it to work. I go through this process every time... and it works, but only for about 2 days, until I need to reset it. I think it might have to do with the desktop that I have routed out of the Ethernet part of the router....
Thanks
Matt
(also is there any other program besides Windows that I can use to do wireless on my laptop? I really am starting to hate the integrated wireless tool on XP Home)

squirrellym said:
(also is there any other program besides Windows that I can use to do wireless on my laptop? I really am starting to hate the integrated wireless tool on XP Home)

Your wireless card chould have come with a utility to use with it. Take a look at your driver CD.

I use the D-Link WBR-2310 in my network also. I have had no issues with mine though. Are you using the the most current firmware, or are you using V1.0?? Current is 1.03, released 01/15/2007 (this is what I am using).

HERE is a link to the D-Link Tech support page where the firmware is located... I HAVE noticed a problem where their tech support page has the CURRENT firmware, but the general page for the WBR-2310 only lists the V1.02.

What kind of configuration do you have in the router? Port forwarding, or anything other than the general default config? Also, when you upgrade firmware, any & all settings you have will be wiped out, so save as a file, or be prepared to re-configure the router.

Can you be more specific about the problem with the router? Are you getting a WAN IP address from the ISP when the problem happens? What do the status lights on the modem look like? Your LAN is OBVIOUSLY not the issue if you can hit the router's config page.

@KFC
I have a broadcom adapter in my laptop, no driver CD, everything is internal and came with the laptop

@Ethereal
thanks for the firmware.. ill go update that after this pot see if it fixes anything. everything is defaulted pretty much except for the fact that I put a WPA-2 password on it. The lights and everything are fine, but when this happens, I have internet on the computer directly wired into the modem, and I can't access the internet on the laptop. I cant hit the config page when the router is screwey, nor can I get an IP address. pinging also yields no results. I probably am leaveing out some key element in this, too..

Ah, ok... this is for a laptop.... When this happens, have you tried to 'Repair Connection' on the laptop to see if that resolves it? Typicalling, the power management in laptops is different than desktops, as it will shut off un-needed components for battery life.

Might want to try to update the wireless device drivers on that laptop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom