wireless router double internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagus

Beta member
How can I use two PC's, one with internet and one without, to make both have internet. They both have wireless routers and I don't think they have wireless capabilities without them. How do I set them up to where PC A(internet) is sharing its connection with PC B(no internet) wirelessly?

Well I'm a bit confused by your post. You say both PC's have wireless routers? Or do you mean they both have wireless network adapters? If they both have integrated wireless (ie: laptops) or wireless adapters then all you need to do is purchase a wireless router. I would check out Linksys and D-link. I use Linksys and it works great for me but just make sure you buy one that is compatible. Wireless B and Wireless G are inter compatible but Wireless N is not compatible with B or G so take that into consideration. You can buy these routers for $40-$50 at Wal-Mart.

If I'm not reading your post right then let me know but other than that this is all you need to do.

If both PCs have wireless adaptors you can make an ad hoc network and share the internet the same way you do if both PCs were conected by ethernet.
I recommend that you buy an wireless router though.

no, I meant what I said. both have wireless ROUTERS, I'm not sure if they have network adapters or not. is it possible with two wireless ROUTERS?
if I'm right the network adapter is external. No they don't have them.

adapter can be both internal and external
why don't you post up the model of the computers and the "wireless routers" in question, so we can find more info on them and maybe the manual

also I am really interested as to what computers comes with "wireless routers"

sry, its a pretty crummy piece of work. I had to use GIMP, which I have no experience with.

So basically you want to use 1 of the routers as a bridge to connect to the other router which will be connected to the modem for outgoing connection.

s/he wants to turn the router on the xp pc into a access point. i don't know how to do it but i'm pretty positive thats what s/he wants.

It wouldnt work that way. Would have to turn it into a Bridge in order for it to work. Just using it as a access point wouldnt allow the other router to connect. Would have to use it as a WiFi Bridge.

There is a sticky topic about setting up a network behind a router. ;)

Thx, a bunch a bunch a bunch. I'll definitely give it a look see. also, is it possible to make a bridge if they are different brand routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom