wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroknife

Solid State Member
i found a really old labtop in my house and hooked a netgear wire less router to it. But the internet always loses connection continusly its so annoying. So please help me fix the problem

i found a really old labtop in my house and hooked a netgear wire less router to it. But the internet always loses connection continusly its so annoying. So please help me fix the problem

Just give us more information so we can help you, like when you said you hooked the laptop to the router, that would mean it's a wired connection to the router right? How OLD is the laptop, do you think it's too old and maybe the hardware is going bad? What Window version? Check for any virus, spyware, those kind of stuff on the laptop? Do other computer wired or wireless to the router have similar problems?

Uh yeah, as said above we cannot help when such vague information is presented to us...

It's a Netgear card is all I know. It's a card plugged into the computer...NOT an actual router? Do you have a router to connect too? Do you have a wireless network? What signal is the network, a? b? g? Does the card match the network signal?

A lot of questions we need to address to even begin to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom