wireless range question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahalekulu

Beta member
I have a Microsoft 54g Router and 2 other comps (laptop & desktop) also w/ Microsoft wireless cards. I now want to extend my wireless range (other than moving my router). Anybody got any ideas? any repeaters or range extenders out there that work w/ any brand? I don't believe that microsoft has any of those. Or is my only option to buy a new router and access point from another brand (ie: netgear, dlink....) and do a wireless bridge between them? I'm so confused on what to do

adam

yeah i would look for a gateway and put it in a central location. it would extend how far your connection a little farther. You live in hawaii? what part? and do you surf? haha i know im supposed to answer your question. I surf and i was just wondering if u did. ok well i hoped i helped

well, thanks for the gateway idea....i'm about to go and research about that for a bit. yeah, i'm in Kapolei, Hawaii; close the the west side of the island. and i'm sorry but i don't surf......too busy with my damn head in my computer. lol
thanks again for the advice
adam

aww man your dont surf and you live in Hawaii? Hahaha its ok, no problem if you have anymore questions let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom