wireless range help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro1

In Runtime
hi guys i have a question my grandmother has wireless internet around 150ft away from me and she has a cisco E1000 wireless router, I can get internet lil more than half way to my house is there anything i can buy to extend the range so i can get internet in my home?

thanks for any tips/info/links

What is the 802.11 standard (should be found on the box or in the manual) of this router?

sounds like: 802.11g - Typical indoor range is 30 m (100 ft) at 11 Mbit/s and 90 m (300 ft) at 1 Mbit/s.

is there anyway to extend the range to 300ft on her router ? or any chance to add a 2nd router/repeater ?

You would have to add a couple of repeaters/boosters. But that doesnt really help if you repeat the signal and dont boost it. But it can be accomplished this way but it would be advised to just get your own internet connection.

Hi,
I know with some wireless routers you can set it to repeater mode, so it simply extends the signal of one access point. If you were to buy a second router to install in your house that should meet the signal half way.

But is your grandmother ok with this?

Kind Regards
TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom