Wireless question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerChild

Solid State Member
I am not sure what to expect from wireless broadband, but im sure what i get cant be correct. It seems to cut out every 20mins sometimes then it will stay connected for a few hours othertimes, is the to do with my usage because i thought i could crack on and do whatever?

Some one care to clear this up for me because its annoying me when im in the middle of things.

I am using linksys wireless g
running 2000 pro

Are you moving around the house or neighbor hood or what have you? Or are you stationary? That might be a probably that only your provider can solve.

depends...

mine can stay on for hours, days...and sometimes it reconnects every few minutes

it just depends...

I am at a desktop computer, and what does it depend on because mine cuts on and wont reconnect and i have to keep turning my comp on and off and i dont fancy continue doing that.

Ok i think ive sorted it, i moved the router it was ontop of the main comp and soemone suggested moving it, also moved my adapter to get optimun signal and seems alright so far hasnt cut out and its been hour n half. Fingers crossed.

Wheres the best place to put the router?

Oh, I would have suggested that a while ago if i would have known that you were using a wireless router. I thought that you were connecting straight to a wireless provider like Verizon. Hope that is works, I will keep my fingers crossed too!

Wireless

I am useing a Linksys Wireless Router. Seeing how I have a good signal on my desktop, on the second floor, Mine still seems to do that also. Anothing thing that you might want to do is get the 2.4 GHz cordless phones away from the router. Sometimes these will interfear with the router and the wirless signal.

Mine will do the same as someone else said. Sometimes stay conntected for days,hours, or even a few minutes. Instead of restarting computers, just try unpluging your router, wait 10seconds and plug it back in. The computers will then have to register with the router.
-Leasure

Just like to say all the replys have been helpful and thankyou. I have moved my phone away as far as possible which isnt very prob bout meter. I have tried unplugging the adapter when its cuts out left it for 5 mins and when i connect it, it will flash once and then no lights are on at all so i am still having restarting to get my connection back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom