wireless problems [2wire]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokarr

Baseband Member
After my old 2wire router burnt out, i purchased the new 2wire 2701 modem/router. I use to connect my other computers through the internet with a PC Port Phoneline but recently with this new modem my PC port does not recognize the new router and i cannot establish a Default Gateway ip address. I called in techsupport and their answer was my wiring in my house may be off, which doesnt make scence since it worked before... Installing the latest drivers did not help it find the IP either.

But anyways i resulted in using wireless since my modem/router was compatible with that aswell.

For my PC, i use a D-Link Wireless 108G Mimo Desktop Adapter, and while only being 1 room away, my signal is usually on the low end. My main problem is while playing online fps games, my latency is almost always through the roof. Pings with up to 800 almost every action has a 3 second delay. Is there any work around (new adapter, fixing my old pc port) that will allow me to play games with wireless?

Hmmm, just guessing I have only seen 2 wire implemented only once. From wwhat i understand the internet signal runs ontop of the 60hz current, so if you have power you should have your signal. Do you have an adapter that you plug into the wall that at the router and your pc ?
1. maybe the one at the router is not campatible with the new router ?
2. maybe one or two of the adapters are broken.
3. the one that goes from the power outlet to your pc, is it a usb connection or cat5 ?
4. their tech support may be right. Find out what the power out let requires in the way of ground etc. either have someone test your power outlets or get a plug in power tester that will tell if you have reversed polarity , hot ground ..etc . Hardware stores usually have these, they are cheap and good to have.
5. you could take your whole 2 wire stuff to a friends and see if it will work at his house with his power lines.

Too much of a hassle, after switching to my new linksys wireless adapter it seems to have fixed most of my latency... I hope :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom