Wireless Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukefowell89

Beta member
Over the last couple of days I have been trying to get my laptop which i just bought to connect to my wireless router. The router I have is just a Livebox which came with the orange broadband.

I have had masses of problems trying to get it connected. To start with I couldnt find the router. Eventually i managed to get it to show up, then It wouldnt connect to it. Now its connecting to the router but not to the internet. It says "The Network Adapter "Wireless Network connection" does not have a valid IP configuration"

Now I have read countless things from forums, I have checked settings etc. but i cannot get anywhere with it. The wired connection works fine but it isnt practical for a laptop.

Im on vista on my laptop and so far im not too impressed with vista and have to say I prefer XP. Mind you i dont fully understand Vista and dont know about all the settings etc on it.

Can anyone help? I need the laptop wireless so I can do my Uni work when the family computer is in use.

The router's make as far as i can tell is:-

INVENTEL version : v5.10
Livebox-DEC0 (00:16:AE:8E:DE:C0)

And my laptop which is literally a few days old and shouldnt be playing up with anything as of yet.

As far as i know its just a problem with settings rather than hardware etc. I know the drivers are fine for my network adapter. I just dont know what settings need to be changed, what to look for etc what the problems mite be. Even thou the router that orange sent is aweful it still works fine i think.

Thanks

Wondering if I could get some help, I've waited for over a week to see if anyone would reply but had nothing as yet. Thanks

Is it static or dynamic IP? Have you reset the modem and router?

Yup factory reset the modem twice, and turned it off and back on etc.

The IP I am not entirely sure what you mean, but all my settings are to detect the IP automatically on the DNS settings etc. I checked my modem manual and it says thats the settings to put in. I am not sure if a static IP would be better or not thou. This is something i would like further help with.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom