wireless problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Ok so i have a wireless router, a wireless access point and two computers (one laptop one desktop) The laptop and wireless router are connected in my house and work fine. The access point is on the outside of a shed where the desktop is set up. On the desktop it says that i am connected to the wireless network but i am having problems with getting onto the internet and yahoo messanger. Yesterday i turned on the desktop and i could not get online. I came back about an hour later and yahoo was logged in. A storm was closely approtching so i turned the desktop off. After the storm i came back and once again could not get online. I tried to repair the connection and sometimes this works and other times it does not. Any ideas what might be wrong?

The router, access point and wireless card in the desktop are all made by linksys.

Whats the strength of the wireless signal to your desktop? Also, look around in your router configurations, make sure nothing is restricting your access point to only network access. Turn off the firewall on the router as well, and the one on your desktop PC if you have one. All this is also assuming all your hardware is updated with the correct firmware / drivers.

So you have the wireless router bridge to the access point then the desktop connects through the access point? Sound like the problem might be with the access point. How is the access point connected to the wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom